Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Photos: San Lorenzo de Quinti

Hello everyone,

Since I haven't posted any pictures from my trip in awhile, I thought I'd dedicated this and the following posts to photos which I've taken over the past few months. In my previous post, I described my field-excursion to San Lorenzo de Quinti.  Here are some accompanying photos:








The View of San Lorenzo from my hotel







Hard at work (rare photo evidence).

                         
                       






                           Beautiful San Lorenzo







The llama train arriving from Tanta.



Villagers who live higher in the mountains sustain themselves partially through trade with communities located in more forgiving climates.  Villagers from Tanta bring meat and textiles in exchange for vegetables and fruits grown in the fertile valleys surrounding San Lorenzo.




I was interested in the llamas, but these kids were way more interested in my digital camera.  Everyone had to take a turn...







                 More shots of SLQ


 Leaving San Lorenzo de Quinti



Thanks for checking up on me.  Pictures of some of my other advertures (Huaraz and Chachapoyas) will be soon to follow.

Dan

1 comment: